Below is an extract of an Email I received from Michael Heppell last Summer that addresses that old age problem of what to do about the ‘Summer Slowdown’ that we all ‘seem’ to suffer from you know the fact that key decision makers are on holiday and anyone who is in is covering for them or clearing their desks for their break !
I like Michael’s stuff especially his ‘ Flip It ‘ thinking .
‘There’s a popular myth that suggests the summer isn’t a good time for business. Really? Actually it’s the perfect time to do some Flip It thinking and clean up while others are napping. Here are five easy things to do:
1) Call everyone. “Hi just calling to see how you are and to find out if there’s anything we can do for you right now?” Better still call in.
2) Send your top ten contacts a post card. Plan ahead and make a note of names and addresses. You may want to be cheesy and say how you never stop thinking about them, or just say something sincere and from the heart.
3) Planning and preparation. So even if EVERYONE is on holiday, there’s no-one to call and you’re stuck in the office, this is a dream time to do some planning. Prep up your September and come out of the blocks firing!
4) Create some media attention. The summer is a notoriously poor time for the press. They are keener than ever to find good stories. So now’s your chance to raise awareness about your new product, make an announcement and contact your local business pages.
5) Invest in some reading for your holiday. There are loads of great books which make you better. Autobiographies, business and personal developments books cost a few pounds but contain masses of great information.
Here’s a tip: If you are looking for a personal development book for the beach then choose one that makes you smile as well as makes you think.’
I would also add rather cheekily you could always give Google Adwords a try we have just had 10 £50 Advertising Vouchers and we are offering free set campaign set up why not give it a try ! Contact Us for more information .
You can find our more about Michael Heppell at http://www.michaelheppell.com/
2 thoughts on “5 things to do this summer while your competition’s on holiday”
Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a
captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having
trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!
Contact Form Manager from XYZ Scripts